Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Beginner's Blog

25 Random Things About Me

1. I am a Facebooker, as of recently, which is where I received encouragement to write "25 Random Things About Me."

2. I am 30.  Whoa.

3. I am teacher to 26 five and six year olds.

4. I am mom to a very cute, sweet, and cuddly almost-three-month-old.

5. Self-esteem and inner strength are no struggle for me. I struggle to feel, know and admit my weaknesses.

6. I got to marry one of my favorite humans on the planet.

7. Right now, for me, being a mom means I get to hang out with this fun, tiny person a whole lot.

8. I also struggle with classroom management with my co-teacher.  We have different ideas about appropriate ways to speak to and motivate children.  (She is in her late 60s.)

9. I see a lot of uncertainty in my life as I look forward.  My husband is finishing his PhD and looking for a University job -- somewhere in this country, ANYwhere in this country.  I love my job and I love our communities here in Saint Louis, but we may end up leaving all that behind.  The uncertainty of that nags at the otherwise peaceful beauty of my life these days.

10.  25 things is way too much for my first blog.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment